Every business goddess, author or speaker needs an online platform. This is your your area of influence which could include your website, Facebook, networking, email marketing, etc.
Never before in history have we had an opportunity to impact a global audience with our message so quickly and easily. YOU have a message inside you. Trust that message. Trust that you have the tools to get it out there. Trust in your ability to find the answer to the questions you have.
You are already connected to an AMAZING community of brilliant women through Conscious Divas, who will support you in any way you can dream. Now is your time. It is your time to inspire groves of people based on your power, passion and love.
Building a business online has its challenges though, right? It’s hard and defeating at times to cut through the noise of hundreds of millions of websites online and be heard. You must have a strategy and a focused action plan to reach a global audience that resonates with your message and wants to follow you long-term.
Today I am going to share 5 focus areas that I encourage you to always keep in mind to consciously attract more followers. Your success online really starts with your website, but also depends on your results in a few other areas which I explain below.
- Brand – What is your focus and message? Does your tagline help you or hurt you? Will you be memorable? Typically if you use a pre-made website theme you won’t have a brand that stands apart so you’ll get lost on the hundreds of millions of other websites online. As part of your brand, you’ll want to clearly define your ideal client and think about what they are feeling that would lead them to find you online. What are their insecurities and concerns? Then through your content, how can you identity that and connect with them while also offering your services as the solution? You are an intuitive and connected woman – use that power in your content. Don’t hold back. CONNECT with your audience using your natural talents and you will have no problem attracting more followers.
- Content and Messaging – It must be clear, what you do. When a new website visitor comes to your site, you have 3-5 seconds to make an impression on a visitor. First, they look at your design and if they are not visually impacted, they typically exit. If you pass the visual test, the next 3-5 seconds is spent trying to discern what your message is, who your audience is, and if you can help that person, as discussed in point 1. Keep in mind everyone online is searching for a solution to their problem. That’s how they find you – by searching for questions in Google or other search engine. How to find love, how to reduce stress, how to build an online business, wink. So looking at how are you presenting yourself as the solution is critical.
- List-building – Your following and community is your #1 online asset. This can include the people who give you their email address and subscribe to your email list. It can also include all of your friends and fans on social media. It’s not all about the numbers – it’s about the quality of connection. My personal strategy is to develop a strong connection with as many people as I can. The #1 question I get about social media is what to say: You want to give valuable “how-to” information about your topic and also inspire your audience. Make it about THEM, not you. Then you’ll have a very responsive following who listens to what you have to say. This holds true for your email list – if you send too many emails, with not enough value, they will unsubscribe and not follow you again. So a key strategy for consciously maintaining your following is to put out consistent value to impact your audience in a positive way. If you are being authentic with your message and your passions, this will come naturally!
- Social Media Integration – If you want to run and grow a successful business online, you MUST be fully integrated with social media. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube… THIS is how you reach a global audience most easily. It could take months and months for Google or Bing or Yahoo to pay attention to you and give you high search engine rankings. You could build a rockin’ social media audience within a month or two if you wanted. There are strategies you can use to get more likes, comments and shares such as posting images (which show up more in the main feed and are often more liked and shared). Add to that, if you add social media branding (such as design a background graphic to your Twitter and/or YouTube pages, or add a Facebook cover on your timeline) to your profile pages then you are directing all of that traffic back to your website! Social media is an awesome tool to connect with your followers on a real time, authentic level. I made the conscious choice to be an open book in my life and in my business – that is reflected in my social media. And you know what? It’s so refreshing to just be myself and not worry about what I should be or what others tell me I should say. I again offer consistent value and my community responds amazingly to that!
- Product development – This is an area where entrepreneurs can easily get overwhelmed. They have a new idea every other week so they get distracted. Or, they start to develop a product and get overwhelmed by how perfect it needs to be, so they never finish anything. However, your audience NEEDS you! Develop the product for them, not you. Solve the problem! Product is key for building your business because your following will always wonder “what’s next” and how they can go to even the next level with you. Finding time to schedule in product development time is key to your grow and to staying connected with the following you worked so hard to attract.
Now, what I would invite you to implement immediately to get started is go through this 5-point checklist to evaluate your online platform. Take a cold, hard look at your products, social media and size of your following.
I welcome your questions about anything I’ve explained above. As you can hopefully tell, I’m very passionate about what I do and am completely open to sharing what I know with you. If you found this post helpful, help me share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and another other network you dig.
Thank you for your time, support and interest!
Are you loving this content? Subscribe to get notified when we publish more!